It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:44

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Keltk, Komri, Artikulate
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:49 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Saxat från topica, ur en Keltik upgrade diskussion

Frågan:
I am now looking at options for powering these speakers (all eight channels), and am considering an array of Linn amps (LK 85/5125/5105). Can anybody shed light on which one of the Linn amps will be most cost effective, without starving these speakers of adequate power?

Svaret:
I'm getting good results at the moment with a 5125 driving mid and treble, and 2 x 2250s driving the bass. In the long term I'll upgradeto 4 x 2250s as funds allow.
Driving the bass units is critical with the Keltiks due to the way Linn have implemented bass equalisation. You need chunky amps. When Linn introduced the Keltiks they had to introduce a mod to the LK280s to stop the output protection tripping.

For other Linn speakers some folks would use the 5125/2250 combination differently -- using the 2250s for treble and mid and the 5125 for bass, but this is NOT recommended for the Keltiks.
Personally, the minimum amp I'd recommend for the driving the Keltik bass channels is the Klout -- you can pick these up for a fairly reasonable prices these days (£700-£800) on eBay for example.

So probably the most effective set IMHO would 2 x Klouts for bass, and a 5125 for mid and treble. I know a couple of folk who are driving Keltiks this way and are entirely happy with them.
LK100s, LK140s and 5105 will work also work but I'm not a big fan of these amps.

The ultimate upgrade for Keltiks would be 2 x Klimax Aktiv Crossovers and 8 x Klimax Solos (or 4 Klimax Twins), but this is daft money. Although having said that it's not too difficult to pick up second-hand Klimax Twins and Solos for approx £3000 each -- but it's still daft money.
I personally know of at least three people who prefer the full Klimax Keltik setup to Komries (the cost is actually about the same).

Även om jag gillar Keltik så finns det ju gränser för fanatismen, 10 alt 6 Klimaxburkar + en herrans massa ström/signalkabel??? Skulle lätt tagit en twin/Komri kombo istället.
Men mer intressant... uttalandet verkar lovande med avseende på de kommande Artikulat. Den nya högtalartekniken + aktivt med den nya shackra teknologin...
Skulle tro att de skåpar ut ett par Komri!
Aktivt brukar ju vara bäst!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 13:09 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

låter väldigt knäppt. 5125an har gott om kraft och är lika bra som klout. Så det är klart man kan köra den på keltikens basar. att slänga på klimax på keltik låter konstigt också. Visst, skulle bli skitbra. Men ännu bättre om man tog akurate och klimax.

aja. Svårt att säga nåt då man inte lyssnat själv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 14:41 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Hmm.. Håller med om att Keltik vs Komri är rätt knäppt, men INTE 5125 vs Klout.

På nyare lättdrivna Linn burkar kanske 5125 är bättre för somliga (jag tycker Klout är roligare, mer rock&roll) - men på äldre tungdrivna högtalare är det en annan sak.
På basen på ett par Keltik är det inge snack... Klout alla gånger.
Någon som tror att 1*5125 (med 4 kanaler drivna) har kraften som 2*Klout?

Det är en het debatt mellan 5125/2250/Klout på de olika forumen.
Slående är att när det gäller äldre högtalare, främst aktiva - så föredrar de flesta Klout före 5125 o en hel del Klout före 2250!
Att de flesta Kloutägare ser Klimax som nästa steg är uppenbart.
Kommer man från annat slutsteg är 5125 dock ett prisvärt köp!

fyi - En Keltik ägare på topica uppgraderade 4*Klout till 4*2250 o funderar att byta tillbaks... (han har topp LP12/CD12/klimax kontrol :shock: så det kan ju inte vara fel på signalen)