selleri.de

En plats för sveriges linnister.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject: Re: Rocred Production AB
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:39 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Tonläget har lyssnat: ”engagerande”

:D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 18:49 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

HCL wrote:
Tonläget har lyssnat: ”engagerande”

:D
:mrgreen:

/ B

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:45 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Och nu en recension "på riktigt": > Pizzicato <

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 20:29 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Ännu en recension på gång. Kan avslöja att den är bra :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 20:52 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

... och så något för er som vill ha en fysisk kopia och 12-sidigt texthäfte, 150 kr inkl. frakt (Sverige).

Attachment:
CDs_01c.jpg
CDs_01c.jpg [ 262.79 KiB | Viewed 13475 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 23:15 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Om man fortfarande är öppen för att även digitalt inspelad och lagrad musik kan förmedla fundamenten för en djup musikalisk upplevelse så kan man lyssna på Acoustic Project String Ensemble - Studio Live i Studio Master format Oaktat att jag är mer än en aning partisk i målet så är min uppriktiga åsikt att varje klassiskmusikälskare borde lyssna in sig på detta album!

Kan provlyssnas på Tidal, Google Play , Spotify , ...

Den är tydligt bättre i den verison den spelats in och mixats i - 24 bit, 192 kHz (studio master) som inhandlas > här <

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 23:49 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Vi får ofta frågan "Är det en bra platta?" och som part i målet är det givetvis svårt att svara med någon trovärdighet. Kanske kan en recension ge ett bättre och mer opartiskt svar. Den senaste recensionen har skrivits av Colin Clarke för Fanfare Magazine (US). Specifikt referensen till "The Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and Marriner’s 1970 recording." är jag extra nöjd med. Recensionen kommer i nästa nummer av tidningen.

Quote:
ACOUSTIC PROJECT STRING ENSEMBLE • Marco Graziani 1, Katarina Kutnar 1 (vn); Rocred 18004; (48:43)

SORKOČEVIĆ Symphony No. 3. BACH Concerto for 2 Violins, BWV 1043. GRIEG Holberg Suite. PALANOVIĆ Towards the Stars
The album is also available as a studio master download, 24-bit/192 kHz at shop.rocred.se

There are multiple delights to this disc: a freshness of approach and execution being primary (top drawer recording is another). The Croatian Acoustic Project String Ensemble, originally a collaboration between double bassist and composer Dubravko Palanović and violinist Marco Graziani, records in long takes, and it shows in the musical experience (and, please note, the result also happens to be technically flawless). The string disposition is 4:3:2:2:1, giving a lovely transparency to textures, while the involving recording gives plenty of body and presence.

The mix of the familiar with the new is beautifully managed. The first composer, for example, Luka Sorkočević, was born in 1734 and trained in both Dubrovnik under Giuseppe Valenti and in Rome under Rinaldo da Capua; the first movement of his Symphony No. 3 is as fresh and bracing as a J. C. Bach symphony; and this performance completely honors that freshness. The central, short Andante is the epitome of charm and good manners (Boyce as well as J. C. Bach spring to mind), while the Presto finale bristles with energy. Interested listeners who want to follow up on this composer should head over to a disc of his complete instrumental output on CPO, reviewed by Martin Anderson in Fanfare 27:4 (performed by the Salzburger Hofmusik). In terms of the present offering, suffice it to say it is the freshest, most perfect of openers.

Far more familiar will be Bach’s Concerto, BWV 1043, for Two Violins. Freshness is again the order of the day, the dialogue between the two excellent soloists, Marco Graziani and Katarina Kutnar, eloquent and, importantly, accurate. The central Largo has a whispered sense of intimacy about it; note particularly how the main string body’s contribution is particularly alive to each and every nuance, while the finale has not only vim but depth also. Stylish and intensely human, this is a wonderful performance, up there with the finest in the catalog (it would make a fine complement to The King’s Consort on Helios or Suzuki on BIS).

That freshness pervades the Grieg Holberg Suite; as does a consistent excellence of delivery. Tenderness meets sprung rhythms in the irrepressible Prelude before the noblest, most heartfelt Sarabande steals upon us. Each movement is perfectly placed, the dance of the Gavotte and Musette poised and noble. The defining positive for the Air is the lack of harshness to the long lines on the upper violin register; there is no hint of shrillness. Reverb is perfectly judged on the recording, too, while the ensemble’s tracking of Grieg’s harmonic shadings of the melody is superbly sensitive. The final Rigaudon feels for all the world like a Norwegian folkfest, the scampering lines blissfully alive. There is an overall warmth and affection that seems reminiscent of, from another era, the Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and Marriner’s 1970 recording.

Finally, we have Dubravko Palanović’s Towards the Stars. Inspired by a starlit sky, the piece is generally dynamic rather than reflective (it does hold a slower middle section). The stark close of the first section cannot be missed; it is like putting on the brakes and skidding to a halt, leading to a slowly moving (almost rotating) central panel, of which the Acoustic Project String Ensemble negotiates the intertwining lines hypnotically. This appears to be Palanković’s only available recorded work. With such obvious imagination, one hopes for more; the devotion of the ensemble in this performance cannot be faulted.

Available on all main download and streaming sites, including Tidal and Qobuz, this introduces what is obviously a major group. On the evidence of these recordings, if the group visits London, I for one will be doing my best to attend any concerts.

/Colin Clarke

Om Colin Clarke:
Quote:
Colin Clarke writes for journals in both the U.S. and the U.K. After experience as a French-horn player and as a pianist in the North of England, followed by a music degree at the University of Surrey (Guildford), I settled down to a spell in the the world of musical theory and analysis at King’s College, London (KQC), studying with Arnold Whittall and V. Kofi Agawu. Currently based in the East End of London, I have worked on the editorial teams of Gramophone and International Record Review, as well as acting as a discographer for the MCPS (Mechanical Copyright Protection Society) and as an expert listener for the Consumer Association.

Attachments:
Fanafare_May_June_2019.png
Fanafare_May_June_2019.png [ 66.19 KiB | Viewed 12455 times ]

Last edited by HCL on Sun May 26, 2019 11:51, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 16:51 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Fått tummen ur och köpt denna (eller snarare sa åt hustrun att köpa det). Tummen upp och en klar rekommendation :D Det här är bra!

Attachments:
3155F968-95E3-4E36-BBE8-F306809CECB3.jpeg
3155F968-95E3-4E36-BBE8-F306809CECB3.jpeg [ 59.21 KiB | Viewed 12873 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 17:00 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

stefan wrote:
Fått tummen ur och köpt denna (eller snarare sa åt hustrun att köpa det). Tummen upp och en klar rekommendation :D Det här är bra!
Tack! :D

(Javisst är dom bra! I synnerhet i studiomaster format.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 18:36 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Det ingår även komplett album info i pdf enl. (bilden visar 1 & 1/2 av den 6 sidiga pdf:en)

Attachments:
File comment: Acoustic Project String Ensemble - Studio Live (album info pdf på iPad)
P4130848_600dpi.jpg
P4130848_600dpi.jpg [ 919.69 KiB | Viewed 12724 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 00:30 
Ny Medlem
Ny Medlem

Grattis till en bra recension som är fullt rättvis för det är en suverän skiva både musikaliskt och ljudmässigt! Har själv köpt den nerladdad högupplöst och det är lätt att höra hur mycket bättre det låter än Tidal som ändå låter glänsande.
Finns skivan på vinyl?
Hoppas du fortsätter med dina inspelningsäventyr. Jag kommer att följa dig!

Klimax LP12, Klimax DSM, Akurate Katalyst Exaktbox, Klout x4, Keltik.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 07:58 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Christer wrote:
Grattis till en bra recension som är fullt rättvis för det är en suverän skiva både musikaliskt och ljudmässigt! Har själv köpt den nerladdad högupplöst och det är lätt att höra hur mycket bättre det låter än Tidal som ändå låter glänsande.
Finns skivan på vinyl?
Hoppas du fortsätter med dina inspelningsäventyr. Jag kommer att följa dig!
Jättetack för det fina omdömet! Tyvärr finns den inte (ännu på vinyl), men det är givetvis ingen omöjlighet. Det kostar dock en bra slant att pressa en batch vinyler, i synnerhet om man inte vill kompromissa med kvaliteten.

Det finns planer på en fortsättning med denna ensemble och även en syskonkonstellation med en annan sättning som spelar något av en folk-jazz-fusion mix. Musikaliskt är dom på samma höga nivå. Det blir riktigt spännande om vi får möjlighet till en fortsättning.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:56 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

... och så kom då recensionen i tryck och på nätet.

Följande citat är extra uppmuntrande:
Quote:
"There are multiple delights to this disc: a freshness of approach and execution being primary ..."

"..., this is a wonderful performance, up there with the finest in the catalog (it would make a fine complement to The King’s Consort on Helios or Suzuki on BIS)"

"There is an overall warmth and affection that seems reminiscent of, from another era, the Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and Marriner’s 1970 recording."

"..., this introduces what is obviously a major group."
Attachment:
Fanafare_May_June_2019.png
Fanafare_May_June_2019.png [ 66.19 KiB | Viewed 12452 times ]

Vi får ofta frågan "Är det en bra platta?" och som part i målet är det givetvis svårt att svara med någon trovärdighet. Kanske kan en recension ge ett bättre och mer opartiskt svar. Den senaste recensionen har skrivits av Colin Clarke för Fanfare Magazine (US). Specifikt referensen till "The Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and Marriner’s 1970 recording." är jag extra nöjd med. Recensionen kommer i nästa nummer av tidningen.

Quote:
ACOUSTIC PROJECT STRING ENSEMBLE • Marco Graziani 1, Katarina Kutnar 1 (vn); Rocred 18004; (48:43)

SORKOČEVIĆ Symphony No. 3. BACH Concerto for 2 Violins, BWV 1043. GRIEG Holberg Suite. PALANOVIĆ Towards the Stars
The album is also available as a studio master download, 24-bit/192 kHz at shop.rocred.se

There are multiple delights to this disc: a freshness of approach and execution being primary (top drawer recording is another). The Croatian Acoustic Project String Ensemble, originally a collaboration between double bassist and composer Dubravko Palanović and violinist Marco Graziani, records in long takes, and it shows in the musical experience (and, please note, the result also happens to be technically flawless). The string disposition is 4:3:2:2:1, giving a lovely transparency to textures, while the involving recording gives plenty of body and presence.

The mix of the familiar with the new is beautifully managed. The first composer, for example, Luka Sorkočević, was born in 1734 and trained in both Dubrovnik under Giuseppe Valenti and in Rome under Rinaldo da Capua; the first movement of his Symphony No. 3 is as fresh and bracing as a J. C. Bach symphony; and this performance completely honors that freshness. The central, short Andante is the epitome of charm and good manners (Boyce as well as J. C. Bach spring to mind), while the Presto finale bristles with energy. Interested listeners who want to follow up on this composer should head over to a disc of his complete instrumental output on CPO, reviewed by Martin Anderson in Fanfare 27:4 (performed by the Salzburger Hofmusik). In terms of the present offering, suffice it to say it is the freshest, most perfect of openers.

Far more familiar will be Bach’s Concerto, BWV 1043, for Two Violins. Freshness is again the order of the day, the dialogue between the two excellent soloists, Marco Graziani and Katarina Kutnar, eloquent and, importantly, accurate. The central Largo has a whispered sense of intimacy about it; note particularly how the main string body’s contribution is particularly alive to each and every nuance, while the finale has not only vim but depth also. Stylish and intensely human, this is a wonderful performance, up there with the finest in the catalog (it would make a fine complement to The King’s Consort on Helios or Suzuki on BIS).

That freshness pervades the Grieg Holberg Suite; as does a consistent excellence of delivery. Tenderness meets sprung rhythms in the irrepressible Prelude before the noblest, most heartfelt Sarabande steals upon us. Each movement is perfectly placed, the dance of the Gavotte and Musette poised and noble. The defining positive for the Air is the lack of harshness to the long lines on the upper violin register; there is no hint of shrillness. Reverb is perfectly judged on the recording, too, while the ensemble’s tracking of Grieg’s harmonic shadings of the melody is superbly sensitive. The final Rigaudon feels for all the world like a Norwegian folkfest, the scampering lines blissfully alive. There is an overall warmth and affection that seems reminiscent of, from another era, the Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and Marriner’s 1970 recording.

Finally, we have Dubravko Palanović’s Towards the Stars. Inspired by a starlit sky, the piece is generally dynamic rather than reflective (it does hold a slower middle section). The stark close of the first section cannot be missed; it is like putting on the brakes and skidding to a halt, leading to a slowly moving (almost rotating) central panel, of which the Acoustic Project String Ensemble negotiates the intertwining lines hypnotically. This appears to be Palanković’s only available recorded work. With such obvious imagination, one hopes for more; the devotion of the ensemble in this performance cannot be faulted.

Available on all main download and streaming sites, including Tidal and Qobuz, this introduces what is obviously a major group. On the evidence of these recordings, if the group visits London, I for one will be doing my best to attend any concerts.

/Colin Clarke

Om Colin Clarke:
Quote:
Colin Clarke writes for journals in both the U.S. and the U.K. After experience as a French-horn player and as a pianist in the North of England, followed by a music degree at the University of Surrey (Guildford), I settled down to a spell in the the world of musical theory and analysis at King’s College, London (KQC), studying with Arnold Whittall and V. Kofi Agawu. Currently based in the East End of London, I have worked on the editorial teams of Gramophone and International Record Review, as well as acting as a discographer for the MCPS (Mechanical Copyright Protection Society) and as an expert listener for the Consumer Association.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 15:32 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Covid-19 har onekligen satt sin prägel på tillvaron detta året och en av alla konsekvenser för oss har varit att vi inte ännu kommit till att kunna göra fler inspelningar med bl.a. 'Acoustic Project', varken 'String Ensemble' eller 'Folk Fusion'. Detta är givetvis trist, f.f.a. för artisterna. Dock har det fört med sig att vi kunnat grotta ner oss lite mer i tidigare inspelningar och även vår utrustning och som ett resultat av detta jobbar vi bl.a. på ett projekt där vi släpper albumet 'Studio Live' med 'Acoustic Project String Ensemble' i en nyutgåva. Skillnaden mellan första versionen och denna kokar ner till något så grundläggande som att vi har uppgraderat mix-rummet både akustiskt och införskaffat nya studiomonitorer. Det intressanta är att med dessa något uppgraderade förutsättningar framkom något som vi tidigare konstaterat, men som inte framkom på samma sätt med den gamla utrustningen. Under de nya förutsättningarna framkommer skillnaderna mellan de vid inspelningen använda mikrofoner på ett tydligare sätt och som i mitt tycke resulterar i ett ännu bättre slutresultat. Redan första utgåvan fick förvisso bra recensioner, men detta är ännu ett snäpp bättre och visar även hur viktig inspelning och mix är för slutresultatet.

Alla som köpt albumet på studiomaster format får ladda ner den uppdaterade versionen. Om vi trycker CD är osäkert, men som det ser ut nu är det inte troligt då det inte är lönsamt. Den nya versionen kommer kunna införskaffas i sin helhet eller som delar från vår webshop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:15 
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem
Erfaren&Avancerad Medlem

Tack för det HCL!
Gjorde en kort jämförelse på ett par spår gamla och nya och visst hör man skillnad även om det kanske inte är så dramatiskt rent ljudmässigt. Sen lyssnade jag igenom hela nya och får säga att en bra skiva kändes nu riktigt bra. Rekommenderas! En bra inspelning/produktion och (framför allt) en riktigt bra orkester.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next